New alums: join the Alumni KIOSK list! (Submissions are dated by semester.)
- Good job Lydia Willoughby! A 2011 Palmer grad, Lydia was recently featured in an the March issue of Library Journal. Check it out here: Lydia Willoughby article
- Congratulations Stephanie DiChiara! She is the new Adult Services Librarian at the Sayville Library. She is also going to be the new PALS (Partnership of Automated Libraries in Suffolk) Coordinator there.
- Congratulations Allie Janvey on your many accomplishments! She recently had two articles published, one for ALA NMRT Footnotes and the other for LISCareer.com. Read more here:
A Little Enthusiasm Goes a Long Way
Slow and Steady Wins the Race: Preventing Burnout During the Job Search
In addition, Allie was interviewed by INALJ (I Need A Library Job) Read interview here: INALJ Interview (Spring 2013)
- Congratulations Fred Folmer! Newest librarian at Connecticut College in New London, Conn. (Spring 2013)
- Congratulations Laila Moustafa! Middle East and North Africa librarian and assistant professor at university of Illinois. (Spring 2013)
- Congratulations Jen Salvo-Eaton! Head of Resource Sharing at the University of Missouri – Kansas City. (Spring 2013)
- Congratulations Kevin Reilly! Archives Technician at the National Archives in New York. (Spring 2013)
- Congratulations Devon Nevola! Bibliographic assistant, Columbia Preservation department at Columbia University Libraries. (Spring 2013)
- Congratulations Kerri Pfister! Digital Photoarchive Assistant at the Frick Photoarchive. (Fall 2012)
- Congratulations Kelleen Maluski! Reference Associate at Coles Science Center, Bobst Library, NYU. (Fall 2012)
- Congratulations to Michelle Chesner on the Hebrew & Judaica Manuscript Exhibition at Columbia University RBML, Sept. 12-Jan. 25, 2013. Good Work! (Fall 2012)
- Palmer alum Celia Hartmann was the Project Assistant Archivist at The Museum of Modern Art Archives where she processed The Victor D’Amico Papers. The papers are now open to researcher’s onsite. (Fall 2012)
Click here for more information on the Victor D’Amico papers
- Congratulations to the following School Library Program graduates, who will be working at the following sites:
Barbara Mehlman, school librarian at Milton School, Rye School District
Nadine Paduano, school librarian at Elmont High School
Paige Caliguri, school librarian, school librarian Pre K – 1 and 6 – 9, Charter School, Bronx
Amanda Dunagan, school librarian at West Chatham Elementary School, Savannah, Georgia
Jessica Pistorius, school librarian at Patuxent Valley Middle School in Howard County, Maryland
Amy Csorny, school librarian at Babylon Memorial Grade School
Carrie Pecoraro, school librarian at Forest Brook Elementary, Hauppauge School District
Athena Danalakis, school librarian at John Jay Educational Campus, in Park Slope, Brooklyn
Christine Janda, school librarian, Fork Lane Elementary School, Hicksville School District
Jodi Simon, school librarian, Princeton High School, Princeton, NJ
Kelly Ramos, elementary school librarian, Three Village S. D.
Rachel Ewing, school librarian, Nicomis Elementary, Sachem School District
Jessica Schnall, school librarian, High School East, Sachem School District
Michele Rudzewick, children’s librarian, North Bellmore Public Library
Fred Lopez, outreach librarian, Queens Public Library
Claudia LaSurdo, Computer Lab, Elwood Middle School
Corrina Mansfield, school librarian, American International School, Cyprus
Congratulations all! (Fall 2012)
- Jan 2012 graduate Kerri Pfister is Digital Photoarchive Assistant at the Frick Photoarchive. Congratulations Kerri! (Fall 2012)
- Palmer alum Carol Salomon is Acting Director of the Cooper Union Library! (summer 2012)
- As of February 1st, Palmer grad Caitlin McGurk became one of the curators at The Ohio State University Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum, the largest cartoon art library in the world (cartoons.osu.edu). Caitlin was formerly Head Librarian at The Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont. Congratulations Caitlin!
- Michael Hughes has been named Associate Curator, NYU Libraries. Congratulations! (summer 2012)
- Alexandra Janvey recently hired as Contract Archivist at the Winthrop Group. Congratulations, Allie! (summer 2012)
- Lydia Willoughby, librarian director at the Westford Public Library, Westford, Vermont. Congratulations! (Summer 2012)
- Lena Gomez was interviewed on the Library of Congress blog http://blogs.loc.gov/law/2012/06/interview-with-lena-gomez-law-library-reading-room-technician/?ll_f0246 and will soon begin a new job at Keller and Heckman, L.L.P. as Reference Librarian. Congratulations, Lena!!(summer 2012)
- Corinna Mansfield has just signed a contract to be the new school librarian at the American International School in Cyprus. She has been the leave replacement school librarian at Clarkstown High School North in New City, NY. Corinna also has an interesting blog: Jessica Pigza Mixes it up with Rare Books, Crafts and Social Media“! (Spring 2011)
- Mary Robison — Reference Librarian at General Theological Seminary.
We’re excited to be moving this summer into our new library in the Chelsea Enclave building on 9th Avenue after several years in an interim location. I’m thrilled that this position also allows me to use my archival training; I’ve been supervising an intern from the library program at Rutgers this spring, and since I started here full-time I’ve been working with the records management committee at the seminary. (Spring 2011)
- Karin Sansaricq ’05 — currently works as a reference librarian at Pace University (Pleasantville Campus).
- Lisa Santoro ’11 — TA librarian at Schools 3 and 9, Oceanside S.D. (Summer 2011)
- Brendan Smart ’06 — a librarian at Prince Muhammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) at Al Khobar in Saudi Arabia. (Fall 2010)
- Thomas Virgona, Ph.D ’08– leaving Central Connecticut after 2 years and going to a tenure-track position at Adelphi University (Health Care Technology). He recently published the following:
- A Historical Study of Disaster Recovery. Conference Proceedings. Northeast Business & Economics Association. 37th Annual Meeting. Hosted by the School of Business, Montclair State University. September 30 2010 to October 2 2010.
- Virgona, T. (2011). September 11, 2001: A Study of the Human Aspects of Disaster Recovery Efforts for Wall Street Financial Services Firms. Saarbrucken, Germany: LAP LAmbert Academic Publishing GmbH & Co. KG.
- Virgona, T. (2011). September 11, 2001 In Retrospect: A decade on, what business continuity and information security lessons have we learners? The Business Continuity Journal , 4 (3), 1-16. http://www.businesscontinuityjournal.com/latestabstractsnew.html (Summer 2011)
- Julie Zweibel ’11 — library media specialist, Upper Nyack Elementary School. (Summer 2011)
|If you are a Palmer alumnus and would like to share your current news with us, please send an email to Alice Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org!|