Please read the following for details on applying for graduation and commencement day: (Information on filing for graduation is sent to kiosk every semester.)
- To file for graduation, whether for the master’s degree (MS) or the certificate of advanced study in Archives and Records Management (CAS), or both, you must complete a Graduation Application Form which is located on the Registrar’s website. This form(s) must be scanned to email@example.com or faxed to 516 299 4168 before the deadlines posted here. If you have already sent in your application to the Registrar, forward your name to Gerry so she can maintain a list of graduates.
- If you are completing both the master’s and the certificate, you must file two separate applications indicating the MS and the CAS. For the MS, you should put Library and Information Science as your major and leave the ‘concentration’ field blank.
- If you are transferring in any credits from another school, we will need official transcripts. They should be addressed to Gerry Kopczynski, The Palmer School, LIU Post, 720 Northern Blvd, Brookville, NY 11548.
- Remember to complete one form for the Master’s and a second form for the certificate in advanced studies in archives and records management.
- All graduates of the Palmer School qualify for public librarian certification. The link below will take you to the State Education webpage where you will find the application and information on certification. If you return the application to Gerry with a check made out to the State Education Department, dated May 15, 2014, she will send the application with an attached degree –noted transcript to Albany after the May 2014 conferral date. http://www.nysl.nysed.gov/libdev/cert/
- If you’re participating in the graduation ceremony at Post, please be sure to fill out the cap and gown form. Students can order their regalia up until April 25. Regalia will be stored at the bookstore and delivered to the Palmer office at Post prior to Commencement day.
- Please note that if you have not filed for graduation for May, you won’t be able to order the cap and gown. In that case, you’ll have to see Alice Flynn or Gerry Kopczynski to complete a different form that will allow you to walk in the ceremony if you are going to be finished by the end of the summer. Once that form is filed, you will be able to order a cap and gown. Note that the deadline for ordering graduation regalia is April 25!
- For details about commencement day, please go to: http://www.liu.edu/CWPost/About/Offices/Conference-Services/Commencement
- If you have any questions, please contact Gerry Kopczynski, firstname.lastname@example.org.