LIU Post Scholarships
- Graduate Incentive Award: Continuing LIU Post graduate students may be considered to receive a $1,500 per semester scholarship if they meet the following requirements:
- New applicants must submit the Graduate Incentive Award application between April 1 and July 1 each year.
- Students must be fully matriculated and have completed two consecutive semesters of graduate coursework
- Students must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits per semester
- Students must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA for initial award consideration
- Award is renewable by semester provided that the student successfully earns credits registered for and maintains a 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Students must file the FAFSA annually before March 1. The Financial Assistance Office will then evaluate a student’s eligibility for this award on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is exhausted. Students receiving assistantships, reduced tuition rates, or any other full or partial university scholarships are not entitled to this award. This award may only be applied to graduate tuition charges for the Fall and Spring semesters at the C.W. Post Campus.
- This award is not applicable to doctoral programs.
PLEASE NOTE: There is no formal application form for the following three (3) awards. These scholarships are awarded based upon your graduate application to LIU/Palmer School of LIS. However, to be eligible, your graduate application must be received within the deadlines indicated.
- Graduate Alumni Recognition Award: Incoming graduate students applying for their first master’s degree who graduated with their bachelor’s degree from any Long Island University campus may be considered for a limited number of one-time, one semester $1,000 Graduate Alumni Awards. Eligible students may be considered to receive this award if they had graduated with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better based on all work in their Long Island University undergraduate degree.Deadline dates apply – August 1 for Fall; December 1 for Spring; April 1 for Summer.
- Graduate Scholars Award: Incoming graduate students applying for their first or second master’s degree may receive a $175 grant per credit if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or better based on all work in their most recent degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s). This award is not applicable to doctoral programs. Deadline dates apply – August 1 for Fall; December 1 for Spring; April 1 for Summer.
- Graduate Academic Award: Incoming graduate students applying for their first or second master’s degree may receive a $125 grant per credit if they have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 – 3.74 based on all work in their most recent degree (Bachelor’s or Master’s).This award is not applicable to doctoral programs.Deadline dates apply – August 1 for Fall; December 1 for Spring; April 1 for Summer.
Palmer School of Library & Information Science Scholarships
The following two (2) scholarships are offered through the Palmer School. Scholarship applications, along with an essay on your vision of the future of the field and your role in the profession (500-1,000 words), must be submitted by the deadline date indicated below to: Director, Palmer School of Library & Information Science, Long Island University, C.W. Post Campus, 720 Northern Blvd., Brookville, NY 11548.
NOTE: Applicants must file the Federal Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the LIU Post Campus Financial Aid Office.
- Elizabeth K. Reilley Endowed Scholarship
- Type: Merit Scholarship of $2,000.00 for Fall and Spring Semester (one half each semester)
- Eligibility: Full-time, matriculated students enrolled in the Master’s Program
- Number Given: 1 per academic year
- Deadline: July 1
- Download the application form for the Elizabeth K. Reilley Endowned Scholarship (PDF).
- H.W. Wilson Foundation Scholarship
- Type: $1,250.00 scholarship based on merit and need
- Eligibility: Matriculated full or part-time students enrolled in the M.S. program
- Number Given: 1 for each Fall and Spring Semesters
- Download the application form for the H.W. Wilson Foundation Scholarship (PDF).
Information on scholarships and grants offered by LIU can be found at: http://www.liu.edu/CWPost/Financial-Assistance/Programs/CWP/Grad.aspx
More scholarships are listed here: http://www.liu.edu/CWPost/Academics/Schools/CEIS/PSLIS/Graduate-Programs/Dual-Masters/Scholarships.aspx
Association and Organization Scholarships:
American Association of Law Libraries (AALL)
American Library Association (ALA)
- Scholarship Program (follow the links for specific scholarship information)
- Awards, Grants, Scholarships List
Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA)
- Travel Awards (and more)
Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA)
Medical Library Association (MLA)
Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference (MARAC)
Music Library Association (MLA)
Nassau County Library Association (NCLA)
New England Library Association (NELA)
- Scholarships and Grants (includes NY!)
New Jersey Library Association (NJLA)
New York Black Librarians’ Caucus (NYBLC)
New York Library Association (NYLA)
Society of American Archivists (SAA)
Special Libraries Association (SLA)
- Check with the individual units of SLA
Other LIS Scholarships
|Please check back regularly to find new and updated scholarships.|