- First things first– our faculty have expertise in a variety of areas and are our best asset. Be sure to get to know them!
- Your MyLIU is the place for all of your information– your email account, your schedule, your bill, your grades! Need help? See this page: http://it.liu.edu/.
- Sign up for kiosk, the student listserv. You’ll see jobs, internships, announcements, scholarships, and all kinds of other opportunities and important information, and that’s where we send important announcements.
- Look on the blog for the syllabi for your classes.
- You are required to keep an e-portfolio which will reflect your good work here at Palmer. Please see this link for details.
- Print an advising worksheet to keep track of your progress; refer to the Palmer Program Guide for requirements and program details; find answers to just about any questions concerning the academic aspects of the program–- all on this page of the blog.
- If you are taking an online class, when the term starts, you will log in to Blackboard through your MyLIU account or by copying and pasting this address into your Firefox browser: blackboard.liu.edu. Your log-in information will be the same username and password that you use for your MyLIU account:
Password: please use the password that you use for your MyLIU account
- Familiarize yourself with all of the many library resources available to you online and in person.
- Can’t find that form you need for financial aid? Or you’re not sure how to request a transcript? Confused about some aspect of MyLIU? Start here on the Student Resources link. And just fyi– the financial aid counselor is Connie.Abbondandolo@liu.edu. She is very busy so be patient!
- Make note of the important semester dates found on the academic calendar for the upcoming terms.
- We know you’ve seen the semester’s schedule including classroom assignments. Don’t forget that there might be some classes that start mid-term! You can register for them any time before the start date.
- It’s recommended that you wait until you attend your classes before purchasing texts. You can then order them on line or through the Post B and N bookstore here. Palmer Manhattan students select ‘Post’ for campus.
TAKING YOUR PALMER CLASSES AT NYU? Please see details here:
PALMER MANHATTAN Fall 18 (including ID information).
If you are a Post student, get your LIU ID at the Public Safety Office where they will take your picture and make your ID. They will also give you a parking pass for your car. See a campus map here.
Advising tip: If you are thinking of dropping a course after it has begun, be sure to consult the LIABILITY SCHEDULE before you do! And please– if you are having a personal issue that is interfering with your studies, don’t wait to do something until it’s too late to salvage the class. Speak to your instructor or an advisor ASAP. They are understanding and helpful and will work with you as much as is possible.