Looking for a place to stay in New York City? Palmer Manhattan does not offer on-campus housing but see the links below for some suggestions for where to look.
LIU Palmer does not endorse any of the off-campus rental resources listed below. No special referral or incentive arrangement exists between the University and any of the resources. While we cannot attest to the quality or reputation of the organizations, we seek to make available to you the information that we receive in an effort to assist you with your search for housing.
- ABODO Students can narrow their search with their price range, desired neighborhood, number of rooms, and more.
- Apartments.com Perform searches for housing by area.
- Apartmentlist.com One stop shop for students including an app for for students having trouble finding roommates in the city.
- Citi Habitats New York Search sales and rentals and learn about NYC’s neighborhoods and the renting process
- Columbia University Summer Housing Attracts over 700 students from colleges and universities all over the world interning in NYC
- Educational Housing Services Student Housing in NYC
- Help Yourself to Housing An informative guide to finding a place to live in NYC
- HomeSuite has helped staff and students from Stanford, U. Wisconsin, Williams College, UPenn, The New School and NYU find solutions to their housing needs.
- International House A residential community in the Morningside Heights neighborhood
- Manhattan Rental Market Report Learn about trends in rental pricing in the different neighborhoods of Manhattan over the past year
- NYU Summer Housing Living in an NYU residence hall will offer you a safe and convenient home base while you are taking classes, working, or doing an internship in New York City
- Polytechnic University Summer Housing Live on-campus at Polytechnic University in Brooklyn
- Sublet in the City Search through sublet listings from throughout the city
- Trulia http://www.trulia.com/for_rent/New_York,NY/ New York apartment rental page with over 10,000 Manhattan listings with in-depth neighborhood inform
- Webster Apartments Residences in midtown Manhattan for women who have a job or internship
- Zillow http://www.zillow.com/new-york-ny/apartments/ New York apartment rental page with over 27,000 listings with fair rental price estimates
- Zumper.com for NYC rentals
According to the Insurance Information Institute, only 37 percent of renters have a policy to protect their possessions. Here are a few topics expert, Matthew Brodsky, covers in the guide:
- What are the different types of Renters Insurance companies – and which one will meet your specific needs?
- Is renters insurance expensive, or are there ways to keep costs low?
- Does the company offer options that pertain to your lifestyle?
You can access the guide here: