The world of information calls! Learn about the LIU Post Palmer School’s master’s degree in Library and Information Science, offered at NYU’s Bobst Library at 70 Washington Square South; at LIU Post in Brookville, Long Island; and in Brentwood, Long Island on the campus of Suffolk County Community College (select classes).
LIU PALMER SCHOOL OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
2018 OPEN HOUSES
Tuesdays, April 17 | May 8
Bobst Library, NYU
70 Washington Square South | New York, NY 10012
• PhD in Information Studies – begins Fall 2018 at LIU Post on Long Island and Spring 2019 at NYU
• Dual Master’s Degrees with NYU – MS in Library and Information Science from LIU and MA or MS from NYU
• MS in Library and Information Science and MS in School Library Media – at LIU Post, NYU and online
• Advanced Certificate in Archives & Records Management – at LIU Post, NYU and online
• Apply for the new Gardiner Archives Research Scholarship
liu.edu/post/yes | 516-299-2634
***For sessions at Post: see this page for details***
Palmer boasts a one-of-a-kind Rare Books and Special Collections area of study and a renowned program in Archives and Records Management leading to a certificate of advanced study– either post-master’s or within our MSLIS. We offer training for school librarian certification within the 36 credits of our program and we offer courses in everything from information-related technologies to youth services, academic libraries, public libraries, and more. Classes are offered in person and online.
In Manhattan, sessions include information about our dual degree with NYU’s Graduate School of Arts and Science and with several programs in NYU’s Steinhardt School. The MA or MS and the MSLIS earned through the dual degree lead to positions as subject specialists in academic and research settings.
Please see more about our program here.