The start of the summer sessions is right around the corner which can only mean some good weather finally! Of course, we are looking forward to welcoming you either back to Bobst or here for the first time. It should be a great summer! Below are the details you’ll need if you are attending classes in Manhattan, so please read on. Required texts and classroom assignments are below. Once again, we look forward to a great semester!
Students beginning at Palmer Manhattan for the first time should contact Alice Flynn to set up a time to take an ID picture, answer any questions, and give you some handouts. Just contact email@example.com to set up an appointment.
Please read on for details you’ll need! And please be sure to familiarize yourself with the blog and its contents! You’ll find the answers to most questions here on the blog.
- The East, West and Avery classrooms are located in the Avery Fisher Center, 2nd floor, between the elevator banks. The East Room is to the left; West is to the right; and Avery is straight back and to the far right. PC classrooms are in the computer center, one level below the lobby.
- When you enter Bobst Library the first time, go to the far LEFT to the privileges window to get your Bobst pass (good until your ID is ready) or, for continuing students, a sticker for your LIU ID. Details about the ID’s is posted on the blog here. Allow some extra time at the privileges window in case there’s a line on the first days of the semester!
- Be sure that you are subscribed to kiosk: https://lists-1.liu.edu/mailman/listinfo/cwp-kiosk and that you have activated your MyLIU account at https://my.liu.edu/psp/PAPRD/?cmd=login.
- Check your schedule on MyLIU! Make sure that you are actually in the classes you planned to be in and dropped from the ones you may have dropped!
- The text list and most up-to-date classroom assignments are listed below.
- You can access the LIU databases remotely by signing in with the same sign-in and password you use for your LIU email. Just go to http://www2.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/libhome.htm to explore this amazing resource.
- Stop by to say hello and check in as the semester goes along! We’re in room 707 here in Bobst and always like to hear from our students.
- For a video tour of Bobst, go to: http://nyu.libguides.com/content.php?pid=123054&sid=2146509
Manhattan dates and classrooms, summer 2014:
Avery Fisher Center, 2nd floor, Bobst Library
LIS 514 Research Methods; Regazzi: (blended) Monday, 5/19: 4:30-5:50; TH 6/5, 12, 19: 5:30-7:30 p.m.: EAST;
Text: Lynn Siligigni Connaway & Powell, Ronald. Basic Research Methods for Librarians. 5TH EDITION, 2010 Greenwich, CT: Ablex Publishing.
LIS 519 Great Collections of NYC; Triplett: Monday,June 16 – Friday,June 20;10 am – 5pm
EAST; no text
LIS 611 Film and Media Collections; Friedland: Friday, Saturday July 12, 13;
Friday, Saturday, Sunday July 18, 19, 20; 11:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.; EAST
LIS 616 Artists’ Books; Woo: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Aug. 1, 2, 3;
Saturday, Sunday, Aug. 23, 24; WEST
LIS 690 Internship; TBA: Tuesday, May 20, July 8, August 26; 4:30-6:20